Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Quote of the Day"-with Scrapbook Inspiration by LisaLisa&ScrapJam

Friday, June 5, 2009
"Excess is the devil's playground."
Related to our forum: I picked this quote as I was looking at the M's and HL coupons for this week. These stores are doubly tempting for me as I can be at either one within 5 minutes! I have more than enough stuff, yet there have been times that I "didn't want to waste a coupon" and purchased items because of this. My actions led my scrapbook area to have Excess. As we start the weekend, where we often tend to shop the most, think about the crafting supplies you really need. Is it worth it to buy that cute designer paper or more effective to replenish your adhesive. Do you have to have the latest item now? I'm not saying I have this principle down pact, but I am learning to scrap my stash. I don't want to continue to get items that I will never use. Have a great weekend! Lisa

Thursday, June 4, 2009
"Procrastination is opportunity's natural as*sas*sin."
Relating this to our forum: When you are facing each of the challenges, take them one at a time, and simply keep at it until you are finished. Try to plan a special day to compete them. Look at the finish line, not at the work it will take to get there. As the Nike commercial once boasted," Just Do It!"

Wednesday, June 3, 2009
"Simplify your life by beginning only what you know you can finish and finishing what you begin"
To relate this to our forum, As you take on the weekly challenge, don't allow yourself to get distracted - stay focused and finish. When you complete something, you no longer need it on your mind, You are free to give yourself completely to the next project or the next goal. You are free to dream and free to create because your mind and heart are clutter-free.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009
"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when stars shine brightest!"
To relate this to papercrafting, don't be afraid to challenge yourself. Take the lead. Create things that are meaningful to you and do your best. Don't let the fear of an unknown technique or project intimidate you into not trying at all. When it is all said and done, you will be proud of yourself knowing that you accepted the challenge, created your project, and followed through by posting it. Then you get the joy of sharing it with others!..................................... Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on buying stuff at Michael's bcasue I have a coupon so I've made myself declutter-I'm co-hosting a charity crop next week and all our goody bags are GO GREEN-all with small stuff that people can't use, won't use or have extras of or even pieces of leftover stuff...great way to just be done with it cause if you haven't used it by now......My wallet and my husband are thanking me :)

    ReplyDelete